Friday, February 15, 2019

Susie three week update

I apologize for not having a two week update or additional pictures, but with Susie having her spay last week and then being on pain medication, I felt she wasn't really herself. 


Truth be told, there really isn't anything drastically new to report. Susie is making steady progress. 


Most progress is being made with leashed walks. She is starting to show signs of enjoying her time outside with us and doesn't back away when I try to attach the leash to her collar.


She continues to be accident free, and I have declared her housetrained. 


She has very good house manners, and doesn't chew or get into anything she shouldn't. She spends most of her time on the sofa, but will explore if the house is quiet.


We continue to crate her when we are gone, but I'm thinking of offering her house freedom (as long as we are not gone for too long). I may test her this weekend. 


She continues to do well with the other dogs in the house. 


She still reacts to sudden movement, but getting better each day. Our house is typically quiet. Not sure she would be a good fit in a busy household. 


She has quickly picked up on our routines and schedules. She know exactly when it's meal time, and where to wait for her bowl to be placed. She also knows bedtime rituals and her walk schedule. 
I think she likes the stability of our completely boring life 😀



I'm hoping to get a few new pictures posted this weekend. 








No comments:

Post a Comment