Friday, March 13, 2015

Farrah's progress


Farah has made great progress this week. She is settling in nicely. She is far less skittish and does not react to load noises or quick movements any more. She does very little barking and seems much more relaxed. In fact, when my daughter and her husband (and my new grandson..yeah )stopped by on Wednesday, my daughter asked if she was the same dog they saw the week before. And her husband remarked that Farrah’s personality seemed completely different. Farrah had greeted them calmly at the door and spent the evening asking for pets and smelling the baby. She was very calm and gentle around the baby, and really didn’t react to crying in any way.





In my book, Farrah is nearly housetrained. She is very reliable and has had no accidents since the first week. The only thing holding her back from 100% is that she does not “ask” to go out. She just uses every opportunity to do her thing when she is outside, and does not seem to need to request to go out.





Farrah has had another ride in the car and handled it like a pro. She has got this down. I think she really enjoyed it.


Speaking of having things under control, Farrah is a leash walking pro. She just loves her walk. I am no breed expert, but I would swear there is some Beagle in her somewhere. Once we are outside the tail goes up and the nose goes to the ground, and there is not a bird or rodent that will escape her smeller. It is so much fun to watch. Even though she is “hunting” there is no tugging on the leash and she is very in-tune with me. If I stop, she stops. If I ask her to cross the road, she crosses. Yes, very in-tune and a good listener.




Oh, I almost forgot. I need to mention how happy our dog Charlie is this week. Farrah has agreed to spend short periods of time “wrassling” with him. Oh he is soooo happy. In case not everyone knows, our dog Charlie just LOVES to play. He “wrassles” with anyone, and anything, including the 100 lb lab from across the street. This week, after countless requests, Charlie finally got Farrah to say yes to play. It is fun to watch, and a good sign that Farrah is making the transition to a happy and healthy pup




Charlie wrassling with his cow.
But...foster sisters are more fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment