Thursday, December 17, 2015

Skillet - First Impressions


Here are few things we know about Skillet in the less than a day we have had him in our home.

Skillet is calm, quiet and a good listener. (So far anyway.)

He’s a little chunky at about 30lbs, but totally adorable.  He’s a little bigger than your typical Beagle. A really neat size. I will try to post measurements soon. His fur is wiry and course.

He makes a funny smile with his face when he’s happy and excited. It looks a little like he is growling or snarling, but it’s totally harmless. Just a nervous tick that I’m sure will go away when he is more comfortable.

He crated nicely at bedtime. Was quiet all night, and woke to a clean crate. He went straight outside and did his business and had a good breakfast. Then we went on the most AMAZING walk. He seldom was more than a foot or two from my side, and when I stop walking just for a minute, he would sit next to my feet. What a great job, Skillet. I sure hope he keeps this up!

Skillet and our dog Charlie really hit it off. The “wrassling” matches started almost immediately. They are going to be good pals, I can tell.

I took just a few snap shots. Sorry it looks like he is in jail, but he was sitting so perfectly in his crate after he ate his dinner.







Check back often, for updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment